CLEAN, REMEDIATE, PROTECT: HOW TO DIY
Take home health into your own hands
By Tim | July 07, 2023
Traditional mold remediation often ignores mycotoxins, the toxic compounds produced by mold that are responsible for significant health challenges. By only removing active mold, you leave behind the sticky and dangerous mycotoxins – which can remain for years, wreaking havoc on your health.
The Superstratum System is the first of its kind that addresses both mold AND mycotoxins to heal your sick building.
The Clean | Remediate | Protect Bundle is designed to help you take home health into your own hands. Follow along with the step-by-step instructions below.
Our patent-pending protocol is built around the power of Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) – made with the natural technology your white blood cells use to fend off invaders. This product is the only lab-tested chemistry proven effective to destroy mycotoxins on building materials. Check out this blog to see the independent testing results.
The second punch is our extended release Superstratum Remediation Bombs – using Chlorine Dioxide gas to penetrate deep into walls, crevices, and micro-cracks in surfaces. This is the same technology used at the Capitol Building to remediate after the Anthrax incident in 2001, extremely effective at denaturing harmful substances and VOCs hiding in our homes.
The cherry on top of this protocol is our Superstratum Smart Polymer Coating – using Smart Polymers to create a protective coating that resists mold on its surface and prevents the creation of mycotoxins. Smart Polymers deliver unparalleled performance and protection against stains from mold, mildew, and microbes.
NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT
LET's GET STARTED!
Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
⬇️ STEP 1 INSTRUCTIONS ⬇️
FOG WITH SUPERSTRATUM HYPOCHLOROUS ACID PRO
- Turn off A/C, turn on HVAC fans.
- Suppress dust particles, airborne spores, and mycotoxins by fogging the entire home with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm) using ULV Cold Fogger.
- Ensure full volumetric coverage of all spaces in the home, wall to wall and floor to ceiling.
✏️ KEY TIPS
You can rent or purchase any fogger you’d like, just be sure it’s an Ultra Low Volume (ULV) Cold fogger. 1 Gallon fogs about 5000cuft, so the average 3 bedroom home with 8ft ceilings should be fogged with around 3 gallons of HOCl. This step captures aerosolized toxins in your home, and is great for destroying mycotoxins stuck to soft goods like furniture and clothing. Don’t worry about calculating the volumes yourself – just choose one of our bundles according to the size of your home. Feel free to mix and match for larger dwellings.
⬇️ STEP 2 INSTRUCTIONS ⬇️
CLEAN WITH SUPERSTRATUM HYPOCHLOROUS ACID PRO
- Deep-Clean all horizontal surfaces thoroughly by spraying with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm).
- Use a spray bottle or pressure garden sprayer for application. Let sit for 10 minutes, and wipe away with dry disposable wipes. Be sure to save a couple gallons for the following step.
- If disposing of any affected articles, place in a plastic bag with a thickness of at least 6-mil.
✏️ KEY TIPS
The intent is to remove all dust and particulate matter from every surface in the home. Don’t forget HVAC inlets and registers. For sensitized patients and homes with excessive dust, this surface clean should entail deep and detailed micro-clean of all surfaces and items in the home.
⬇️ STEP 3 INSTRUCTIONS ⬇️
GAS WITH SUPERSTRATUM REMEDIATION BOMBS
- Ensure A/C is off, and HVAC Fans are on.
- Remove people, plants, pets, oil paintings, and taxidermy from home.
- Re-Fog the entire space with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro until indoor humidity reads 65% or higher on hygrometer. This is the ideal level for 100% efficiency for the Superstratum Remediation Bombs.
- Activate Superstratum Remediation Bombs according to package instructions. Allow gas to sanitize your home for at least 12 hours – preferably overnight.
- Follow packet instructions to air out your home.
✏️ KEY TIPS
This step is best conducted overnight, as CLO2 is broken down by sunlight.
Remediation Bomb Coverage Guide:
100g Bombs (~1000cuft): Bedrooms, Kitchens, Living/Dining Rooms, XL Bathrooms
50g Bombs (~500cuft): Large Closets, Hallways, Standard Bathrooms, HVAC Intakes , Pantries
25g Bombs (~250cuft): Small Closets, Vehicles
⬇️ STEP 4 INSTRUCTIONS ⬇️
PROTECT WITH SUPERSTRATUM SMART POLYMER COATING
- Follow application instructions and apply Superstratum Smart Polymer Coating throughout the indoor space and to all moisture-exposed, previously contaminated, and desired areas to protect surfaces from future stains.
- Let materials and surfaces dry and air out. No wiping.
- Verify application with UV light (optional)
✏️ KEY TIPS
Superstratum Smart Polymer Coating lasts up to 10 years in undisturbed areas, 2 years in low traffic areas, and 10 weeks in high traffic areas like baths or showers. Use it on outdoor furniture, fences, walls, to prevent growth for months to years.
FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT!
Our customer service team is happy to answer any questions you can’t find answers to on our FAQs Page. You can reach us from 9 to 5 Monday-Friday at (615) 235-7299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Disclosures: To properly address a sick building, active mold must be removed first. We recommend regular HVAC cleaning to maintain healthy air quality via the lungs of the home. Working with mold and mycotoxins comes with risk; ensure proper protective measures to prevent acute exposure. This document and company does not provide medical advice and any statement from the Superstratum Team is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor is it a substitute for professional environmental hygienists or remediators. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read in Superstratum Literature.